Compass Group Negotiating Committee: (l-r) Caroline Cosman, Marlena Bennett, Carl Flanagan (National Representative), Armando Flores, Anne MacPherson and Carol Doucette)
Moncton, N.B. – October 28, 2022 – UFCW 1288P members in New Brunswick working across several Shannex Long-Term Care locations for Compass Group ratified a new collective agreement that secures their future over the next three years.
Highlights of the new contract include:
- $600 retroactive pay for full-time and $300 for part-time (hired before March 2022);
- 10% increase to wages: $1.50 on date of ratification, .50 cents March 2023 and .50 cents March 2024 with the new top rate at $17.50 per hour;
- 5 paid sick days for full-time and 3 paid sick days for part-time;
- Scheduling: Full-time every second weekend off and part-time one weekend off every four
- 24-hour notice to shift change;
- Bereavement: Add Aunt/Uncle – 1 paid day;
- Add September 30 Truth and Reconciliation Day as paid statutory holiday;
- Contract Expires: March 22, 2025.
UFCW 1288P is a longstanding member of the UFCW Canada Eastern Provinces Council, which proudly serves thousands of union members working in various sectors across Atlantic Canada.
How can I gain the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better. Click here to join now.